Holy Child Convent, Amichi
Holy Child Convent is a girl’s school for girls between the age of nine and seventeen years. Every student is made to be a boarder to allow all round education. This school is run and owned by the Diocesan, The Rt. Rev. E. O. Ikeakor (JP), the Bishop Diocese of Amichi (Anglican Communion)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To foster the spirit of Christian fulfillment and happiness, thereby encouraging the children to grow up in the knowledge and service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. To offer a programme sufficiently wide ranging and challenging in order to produce well exposed, civilized, responsible and disciplined students.
3. To provide an atmosphere conducive to the achievement of academic excellence.
4. To encourage leadership qualities such as high moral standards, truthfulness, determination and integrity in all students.
5. To equip the children with skills for precision in cognitive perceptions, thought processes, and expression, as well as development of their own individual talents.
HOLY CHILD CONVENT, AMICHI truly represents a new dawn in Christian character building and all round excellence.
As a body with great regards for creating a better society, we aim to providing the most efficient, wide ranging educational / social services through highly trained professionals in consonance with the state – of –the – art facilities in our reach and at the same time, fostering the spirit of Christian fulfillment and happiness into the girl child thereby encouraging her to grow up in the knowledge and service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Convent is set to develop disciplined students who have strength in character.
– Spacious and conducive classrooms
– Qualified, mature and experienced teachers
– A spacious functional library
– Well equipped Science laboratories with necessary and up – to date facilities.
– Ultra modern and well furnished computer room where basic computer skills are taught
– Internet facilities.
– Sports facilities for different games.
– Standard sick – bay with a registered nurse in attendance
– Well furnished Home Economics laboratory
– Tastefully furnished hostels
– Well built bore – holes for steady water supply
– Power supply from EEDC and two standby generator
– Access road
– Extra – curricular activities e.g clubs and societies like Literary and Debating Society, Press/Drama club, Red Cross Society, Road Safety club, Exam Ethics Club, JETS etc.