Organizations of the Anglican Diocese, Amichi.
EVANGELICAL FELLOWSHIP IN THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION.
Encouraging and developing biblically faithful fellowship, teaching, and mission throughout the Anglican world.
Crusades, revivals, vigils, outreaches, prayer retreats.
The Women’s Ministry is the arm of the church that overseas the activities of women in the diocese.
The women Ministry in the Diocese is a Christian Organisation which promotes the well being of families worldwide.
The purpose of this ministry is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriages and Christian family life.Its aim is the advancement of Christianity in the sphere of marriage and family life. For this Ministry to carry out this aim, its objectives are:-
- To uphold Christ’s teaching in the nature of marriage and promote its widows understanding
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- To maintain a world-wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and services.
- To promote conditions in the society favourable to family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Diocesan Council of Knights
Knights and their ladies of this Holy order are people of proven character, called into the knighthood ministry for the defense and furtherance of the Gospel of our Lord anywhere, anytime using God’s given endowed means.
Anglican Men's Fellowship
Godly men in the body of Christ Jesus, with a mission to develop strong friendships and accountability among the men. To the glory of God, The Christian men’s fellowship is undoubtedly one of the noticeable pillars in the vineyard of the Lord.
The Mother’s union is a Christian organization which promotes the well-being of families. It is especially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life. And its aim is the advancement of the Christian faith in the sphere of marriage and family life. It is open only to women whose marriages have been solemnized in the church.
The Objectives include:
To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding.
To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
The women’s Guild (WG) was founded with a much more open membership. It is open to all women; wedded in the church, married according to traditional law and custom, married in court, widowed, single mothers, ladies of the knights, wives of traditional rulers. It serves as the umbrella group of the women.
Anglican Youth Fellowship
The Anglican Youth Fellowship provides the youth and youth leaders with opportunities and resources for fellowship, discipleship, and worship.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To help in projecting the Christian principles and teachings in accordance with relevant provisions in the national constitution of the parent body, “The Anglican Youth Fellowship (Nigeria)”.
- To provide opportunities for the understanding and progress in corporate worship and private prayers: to enable young people to learn together the meaning of Christian faith and its relevance to the life of their generation.
- To lead young people to offer their work and leisure to God as members of this Church, in local, national and international levels.
- To give due recognition to the importance of fitness of body and mind, and the provision of suitable varied forms of recreation in all Christian Youth organization and groups.
- To help inculcate the spirit of love, peace and unity as enshrined in the Bible.
Anglican Boys' Association
The aim of the Girls’ Brigade is to help girls become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and through self-control, reverence, and a sense of responsibility to find true enrichment of life.
Girls’ Brigade is an organization where girls are trained to be disciplined and reliable citizens. Girls are focused to make heaven which is the essence of living.
The Girls’ Brigade’s principles are as follows:
The Brigade acknowledges Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord according to the Scriptures and seeks to fulfil its aim to the glory of one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
The Brigade witnesses to the standard set by Jesus Christ and gives positive teaching on the Christian attitude to life
The Brigade promotes a just society where all people are equally valued.
The stated object of the Boys’ Brigade is “The advancement of Christ’s kingdom among Boys and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness.”
The Boys’ Brigade Mission statement is to:
- Engage children & young people
- Support volunteer leaders
- Partner church and communities
Anglican Children's Ministry
The motto of ACM is “Catch them young for Christ”.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of ACM, therefore, include the following:
The upbringing of children and young people in the fear of the Lord.
Guiding them to learn, to study and to pray daily.
Instructing children and young people in the Anglican faith,
Helping children and young people in the Anglican faith to become disciplined and growing Christian.
In several other acceptable ways to help them to deepen their spiritual life through worship.